Re: Changes for emacs 28

From: Ergus
Subject: Re: Changes for emacs 28
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2020 13:13:14 +0200

On Fri, Sep 11, 2020 at 12:55:41PM +0200, Philip K. wrote:
Ergus <spacibba@aol.com> writes:

On Fri, Sep 11, 2020 at 12:16:13AM -0400, Richard Stallman wrote:

Does anyone want to _make_ videos for Emacs?

It is no use discussing what sort of videos we
would like if nobody wants to make them.
Let's stick to ideas we can implement.

Actually there are series of videos in youtube about emacs. Some of them
very long with more than 40 episodes. So their producers could be
contacted and they could help making things on demand. (not centered in
external packages but in included features or elpa packages only)

The real problem is: If we cannot refer to youtube then: Where these
videos can be offloaded that we could link to?

I was thinking about using Peertube for something like that. It works
fairly well, the interface is clean enough, and it even has fediverse
integration.

--
        Philip K.

Good: I didn't know about it.

In this case we could start trying to contact the authors of the videos
already existent in youtube asking to copy them to peertube so we can
link them.

In principle they can keep a copy in youtube but we won't refer to
them.

Is it possible to create channels in peertube? If so, then maybe we
could create an "official" emacs channel and then some playlists there
for the creators.