Re: Interactive guide for new users

From: Yuan Fu
Subject: Re: Interactive guide for new users
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2020 13:21:15 -0400

On Sep 12, 2020, at 1:17 PM, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:

Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2020 18:25:26 +0200
From: Ergus <spacibba@aol.com>
Cc: ghe@sdf.org, casouri@gmail.com, emacs-devel@gnu.org

Looking deeper into this, either posframe and ivy are already in
elpa. We only need to add ivy-posframe to elpa. There is also a
which-key-posframe and even a company-posframe. So we have the whole set
of featured you want.

WDYT? Add all this to vanila :\?

We were talking about what to offer to newcomers as options, remember?

It would be nice to add the option to install and enable ivy and company in the guide, can we do this in principle (i.e., promote a elpa package)? Not talking about whether we should, but whether we can.

In the similar spirit, can we give the user the option to include Melba into package-archives?

Yuan