Re: How to make Emacs popular again.

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: How to make Emacs popular again.
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2020 22:42:23 -0400

  > Does the tooltip assume that only experienced user, in this case,
  > experienced developer is to know what it means?!

That particular tooltip is detailed data for an experienced user.
It explains the meaning of the specific character that the mouse is on.
It does not give general info for a beginnin user
about the purpose of displaying that character.

There is a good reason to present that detailed data.
Experienced users will sometimes find it useful.

Can we find a good way to present both the general explanation
and the specific data?

--
Dr Richard Stallman