RE: Stop frames stealing eachothers' minibuffers!

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Stop frames stealing eachothers' minibuffers!
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2021 10:08:39 -0800 (PST)

> I've been trying to think through the bit about redirect-frame-focus.
> It's difficult.  Are you aware of any particular scenarios where it might
> go wrong with select-frame-set-input-focus?

Apologies for chiming in here.  I'm not very knowledgeable about this, and I
can't speak directly to the current context.

I can say that I use `redirect-frame-focus' to redirect the focus for a
standalone `*Completions*' frame to a standalone minibuffer frame.  And I have
problems with Emacs 27, including bad changes in frame focus.  (Dunno whether
my problems with Emacs 27 are related to this thread.)

I also call `select-frame-set-input-focus' a fair amount in my code.

And users can, e.g., mouse-click another frame during minibuffer input to
select that other frame (or select it in another way), do something with that
frame selected, then select the minibuffer frame again, etc.

Again, no idea whether what I'm saying here is relevant to the question at
hand.  If not, please ignore.