RE: [External] : Re: Stepping Back: A Wealth Of Completion systems Re: [

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [External] : Re: Stepping Back: A Wealth Of Completion systems Re: [ELPA] New package: vertico
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2021 18:36:25 +0000

> I'm not sure there could be use cases where it is clear up front which
> UI is "right" and which is "wrong".  In every situation I thought
> about there could be a place for both, depending on what the user
> wants to do and how.

+1.  That, taken generally, is one of the most
important points about Emacs UI, defaults, etc.

Defaults can be useful, and we of course always
want to find useful default behaviors.  But most
important is that users have control.

There's no DWIM or hard-coded substitute for giving
users control, and preferably making it _easy and
clear_ for users to control behavior.