Re: RFR cc-langs.el: change syntax for @ in Java

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: RFR cc-langs.el: change syntax for @ in Java
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2021 19:55:14 +0000

Hello, Filipp.

On Tue, Apr 13, 2021 at 17:45:08 +0300, Filipp Gunbin wrote:
> Hi Alan,

> On 13/04/2021 10:28 +0000, Alan Mackenzie wrote:

> > Prefix syntax hasn't been used in CC Mode up till now, so it will be
> > something of an experiment.

> Yes, I saw that…  Maybe that'll uncover problems which will require
> reverting or fixing, let's see.

Indeed, we will see (or not).

> > I now agree with you that we should commit this change, both to CC Mode
> > and to Emacs.  Do you want me to do this (with your name), or would you
> > prefer to do it yourself (at least in Emacs)?

> What is more convenient to you?

I've just committed the change (with your name) to all the appropriate
places.

> I can commit into Emacs.  For standalone cc-mode, I don't have commit
> rights.  If you regularly sync Emacs code with upstream cc-mode
> (though a quick look at Emacs commit history doesn't show me such
> merges), then maybe it's more convenient to merge into cc-mode, and
> then it will arrive in Emacs some time later.

CC Mode runs under Mercurial (a better VCS than git ;-).   So I'm not
sure an upstream merge operation would be possible.  I just commit to
both places separately.

> Thanks.

Thanks.  I think we can now regard the change as done and closed.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).