Re: Elisp LSP Server

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Elisp LSP Server
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2021 18:40:33 -0400

  > An honest question, sir. May I? First of all, thank you for pointing
  > that out. I was unaware. You, see (as you have probably noticed), I am
  > not a native English speaker. I don't have an extended
  > vocabulary.

That's nothing to apologize for.  Most of us grow up speaking one
language, or maybe two; after that, to learn other languages is hard
work.

  >  I tried searching for some better alternatives,
  > but I couldn't find anything that sounds like a good replacement for
  > it. Even dictionaries use examples such as: "Silicon Valley's
  > entrepreneurial ecosystem".

The term "ecosystem" -- and the amoral approach associated with it --
are widespread in the computing field.  Using that term encourages
that amoral approach.

In the free software movement that we have a different approach: free
software is just and nonfree software is unjust.  So we don't want to
find another word to use instead for the same meaning.  The meaning
is what we want to shun.

I suggest you watch fsf.org/tedx as an introduction to the
free software movement.