Re: Mutating existing persistent data

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Mutating existing persistent data
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2021 03:53:19 +0100

> You either need the application to provide some atomicity/transaction
> boundary information, or you need the application to send changes as
> changes rather than as the resulting state (i.e. send "increment x by 2"
> rather than "x is now 23").

So I'm now starting to type in the stuff to make persistent values, and
the name `persistent-value' is of course already taken (by something in
ieieo that I can't even find, as usual).

So here's some synonyms.  Er...  opinions?

  (setf (sticky-value foo) 'bar)

has a certain ring to it, but...  is it one of the good rings?

    constant
    continual
    endless
    enduring