Re: New package: resist!

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: New package: resist!
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2021 09:06:14 -0500

Qiantan Hong [2021-12-11 09:33:04] wrote:
>> Note, though, there's already a package on GNU ELPA called "persist":
>> https://elpa.gnu.org/packages/persist.html
> Oops, now I have no good idea for name.

If you look at persist.el (always a good idea when a package by the
same name shows up), you'll see it has very similar aims.
`org-persist.el` as well.

So it looks like a good opportunity to see if/how you can improve your
package such that it can be either build on top of those packages, or
completely replace some of those packages, or replace some part of
those packages.

> Is it acceptable that there’re some slight deviation from the
> prefix tradition, like make-persistent-variable and kill-persistent-variable?

I hate those deviations, to be honest.  And they're incompatible with
the new symbol shorthand feature.

        Stefan