Re: Suggestions for improvements to the *Completions* buffer

From: Daniel Semyonov
Subject: Re: Suggestions for improvements to the *Completions* buffer
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 09:54:44 +0200

    > Juri Linkov <juri@linkov.net> writes:
    >> I agree it's a good idea to enable them both now, and hear any
    >> feedback for a month.

    > Done.

    > I'll be awaiting the angry mob.

Hi Philip, Juri,

I like these improvements overall, but I think 'completion-auto-select'
should be split into two options (or allow more specific assignment) to
differentiate between automatically selecting the *Completions* buffer
when it appears and selecting it as part of "wrapping" (when
'completion-wrap-movement' is enabled).
The former behavior is very jarring when using a package which
automatically updates the *Completions* buffer (for example, ELPA
package aggressive-completion), while the latter behavior could still be
desired in such cases.

I would post a patch but I don't have copyright assignment and have
already contributed two small patches in the past, so I don't think it'd
count as small enough.

Thanks,
Daniel