Re: Org mode and Emacs

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Org mode and Emacs
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2023 19:56:04 +0200

Colin Baxter <m43cap@yandex.com> writes:

>     >> "Lightweight Markup" appears to be the author's invention, with
>     >> no reference or citation given.
>
>     > Why is it a problem? I have seen this term elsewhere as well.
>
> Without a reference to consult, I do not understand what the author
> means by the term "lightweight".

I think the common definition of lightweight markup is that it's still
easily readable by humans.  For example, HTML is pretty much unreadable
without a browser rendering it.  In contrast, Org and Markdown can be
easily read as plain text without a special renderer or editor, e.g.,
with just "less".

Bye,
Tassilo