Re: New Package for NonGNU-ELPA: clojure-ts-mode

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: New Package for NonGNU-ELPA: clojure-ts-mode
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2023 16:16:57 +0100

On Sun, Aug 27, 2023 at 3:24 PM Lynn Winebarger <owinebar@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 27, 2023, 9:44 AM João Távora <joaotavora@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > There was a big discussion (or maybe many small ones) a few months ago on
>> > the issues you had trying to coordinate releases if eglot as a standalone
>> > package with its release in the core.
>>
>> I remember it, I was there, but I do hope that doesn't make me
>> a candidate for forced disappearance in any way.
>

> No, but it would be one explanation of why you would be top of mind in a
> discussion of why developers might not be inclined to be directly involved in
> core development.

If it were that it misses the mark.  I had already been involved in
core  development years before Eglot, and in many other places, and I
have no plans to stop just because of that one divergence, which
wasn't even anything special considering baggage accumulated over
the 10+ years I've been doing this.

João