Re: Choice of bug tracker

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: Choice of bug tracker
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2023 20:03:30 +0200

Dmitry Gutov <dmitry@gutov.dev> writes:

> The fact that LibreJS complains doesn't mean that the software is
> non-free. It just means that the annotations that LibreJS would
> recognize are missing. Most of the Internet is missing those. The
> overall mission of having JS files come with licenses in some form or
> other doesn't sound bad, but it shouldn't be a hard requirement for our
> platform, I think. It's not an urgent thing to fix.

I'm afraid that this is non-optional according to GNU project policy:
https://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Freedom-for-Web-Pages.html

I'm looking at the LibreJS documentation here...
https://www.gnu.org/software/librejs/manual/html_node/Setting-Your-JavaScript-Free.html

...and here's a naive question: Is it that hard to fix this, if we are
happy to just hack up a solution, even an "ugly" one?  (As opposed to
doing a clean job, hooking into the correct Gitlab asset pipelines and
what have you.)