Re: Choice of bug tracker

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Choice of bug tracker
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2023 09:55:09 +0300

> From: Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org>
> cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2023 22:07:05 -0400
>
> Eli, which other bug trackers would you consider switching to?
> That is, which ones are good enough to be reasonable choices?

Sorry, I don't know, and don't have time to do the required research.
Someone else will have to do the job of finding the candidates and
studying their features.  Some of that was already done in the past,
so assuming things didn't change drastically, we already have the
information in our archives.

> Do they work as well via email as our current bug tracker?

Most do, but whether "as well as" is accurate is still being
considered and evaluated.

> Is any of them maintained by people who are friends of ours
> and might add a feature occasionally because we explain how
> it would make operations better?

To some extent, yes.  Again, something to figure out as part of the
above job, which I cannot take up myself.