Re: Bundling ELPA packages with Emacs

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Bundling ELPA packages with Emacs
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2023 09:48:19 +0300

> From: Philip Kaludercic <philipk@posteo.net>
> Cc: rms@gnu.org,  emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2023 06:10:17 +0000
>
> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
>
> > It is indeed planned to do that only with packages on GNU ELPA.  But
> > we haven't yet figured some important aspects of including ELPA
> > packages in release tarballs, so the idea is there, but it is not yet
> > actionable.
>
> I was under the assumption that issue was resolved, if
> `package-directory-list' would contain the right directory?

That's not the only issue we need to resolve.  See

  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2020-12/msg00917.html
  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2021-01/msg01017.html
  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2021-01/msg01373.html

for the previous discussions, where the issues were raised and
discussed.