Re: master 72b1379f079: Increase `emacs-lisp-docstring-fill-column` to 7

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: master 72b1379f079: Increase `emacs-lisp-docstring-fill-column` to 72
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2024 11:33:42 +0100

Po Lu wrote:

> Doc strings in old code will be a different width from those
> in new code, and more difficult to read on mobile phone
> displays [...]

Ah, so that is the reason 64 was suggested instead of 72.

Let me guess, an 80 char terminal emulator app and the text
gets too small? But not in horizontal mode, right? (Actually
I don't like that mode back and forth, annoying.)

Okay, let me return to this issue when I have seen the
smartphone situation first hand.

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal