grep-devel

Re: [Grep-devel] new snapshot available: grep-3.0.23-b00df

From: Jim Meyering
Subject: Re: [Grep-devel] new snapshot available: grep-3.0.23-b00df
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2017 10:15:17 -0700

On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 9:00 AM,  <address@hidden> wrote:
> Building from git on Cygwin, everything passes except the surrogate-pair
> test.

Thanks for testing and reporting about it. It is good practice to
include the tests/test-suite.log file, but I'm pretty sure that test
has been failing on that platform for several releases, and it's such
a crufty corner of the code that I do not plan to investigate or
address it. Which makes me think I should just disable the test -- on
cygwin, or even altogether, since it was solely to test for
cygwin-specific misbehavior.