Re: [Groff] Macro rename - what am I doing wrong?

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] Macro rename - what am I doing wrong?
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 00:25:23 +0100 (CET)

> One problem that is making me scratch my head is that running a number of
> man pages through groff -Tascii is doing some sort of vertical space
> that causes the tail of one man page to overlap the head of the next
> one.  Consider this:
>
> cat > test <<EOF
> .TH command 1 date company manual
> .SH NAME
> command \- do something
> .SH CATEGORY
> .B Something
> .TH foo 1 bar blech snafu
> .SH NAME
> foofrog \- do something else
> .SH CATEGORY
> .B XYZ
> EOF
>
> and then do this
>
>       groff -Tascii -man test

Hmm, with the current CVS I get the result below which looks
plausible to me.  You should get the same with 1.19.2, I think.

command(1)                          manual                          command(1)

NAME
       command - do something

CATEGORY
       Something

foo(1)                               snafu                              foo(1)

NAME
       foofrog - do something else

CATEGORY
       XYZ

blech                                 bar                               foo(1)