guix-devel

Re: guix system: error: service 'ssh-daemon' requires 'networking', whic

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: guix system: error: service 'ssh-daemon' requires 'networking', which is undefined
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2016 18:10:35 +0200

Andy Wingo <address@hidden> skribis:

> On Thu 21 Jul 2016 16:39, "Thompson, David" <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 9:57 AM, Jan Synáček <address@hidden> wrote:

>>> Yes! I'm glad we're saying the same, even though differently:)
>>
>> This information is not knowable, sorry.  The set of possible services
>> outside of what is declared in the system configuration is infinite.
>
> However... if you grovel the file system for files in the load path that
> have a prefix of gnu/services named .scm and load their corresponding
> module and filter out only the services and get their names, then that's
> not all of them but it would be good enough :)

The difficulty here is that we’re talking about Shepherd services, as
opposed to the generic “service” type in GuixSD (info "(guix) Service
Types and Services").

We can programmatically traverse all the existing service types exported
from (gnu services …), but we cannot list all the Shepherd services that
can exist.

Ludo’.