guix-devel

Re: Outreachy December round

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Outreachy December round
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2018 14:21:47 +0200

Hello Gábor,

Gábor Boskovits <address@hidden> skribis:

> Ricardo Wurmus <address@hidden> ezt írta (időpont: 2018. szept. 8., Szo

[...]

>> The application opening day has been shifted from Monday to Wednesday,
>> September 12.  That’s in four days.
>>
>> If you would like to be a co-mentor or you have a good idea for an
>> internship project, please let us know as soon as you can, so that we
>> can prepare a proper proposal and submit it in time.
>>
> It seem right now that I will have enough time to be a mentor in this
> round.

Great!

> What about the project we tried last round? Is it valid to resubmit
> that? (I am not aware of the rules, but I still think that it is
> relevant).

I would say no, mostly because I’m hoping we can get it done before the
internship starts (for 1.0).

Yesterday on IRC we discussed other possible projects: a PackageKit
backend (but PackageKit is biased towards “traditional” package
managers), a GNOME Software backend, and probably others I forgot.  We
ruled out the Cuirass web UI on the grounds that we need progress on
that front before the internship.

Thanks,
Ludo’.