guix-devel

Re: Heads-up: New dependency on Guile-Gcrypt

From: Paul Garlick
Subject: Re: Heads-up: New dependency on Guile-Gcrypt
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2018 12:15:04 +0100

Hi Pjotr,

Thank you.

> Guix is built with Guile and Guile has trouble finding the gcrypt
> package.

Having successfully upgraded my root and user Guix installations I now
find that my development installation is unable to locate guile-gcrypt:

$ ./pre-inst-env guix --version
ERROR: In procedure scm-error:
no code for module (gcrypt hash)

If I use my root guix profile, in a simlar way to your suggestion, it
works:

$ sudo GUILE_LOAD_PATH=/root/.guix-profile/share/guile/site/2.2 ./pre-
inst-env guix --version
guix (GNU Guix) 0.15.0.1558-b0632

Is there a best way to notify the ./pre-inst-env commands about guile-
gcrypt?  Using sudo seems like the wrong approach.  Would installing
guile-gcrypt as the development user suffice?

Best regards,

Paul.