guix-devel

Re: Blog: Guix packaging tutorial

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: Blog: Guix packaging tutorial
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2018 21:11:51 +0200

Hello Pierre,

nice idea! I agree with Ricardo's suggestions.

You could have a look at the slides of a talk I gave at GHM 2013 in the
"maintenance" git repo, inside the talks/ghm-2013/andreas directory.
Some things are outdated (we did not have the macros to manipulate build
phases yet).

There I start actually from an even more basic view point, since the
target audience was people not knowing Scheme at all: first, a few basic
notions of Scheme (quoting and unqoting is needed all the time); then
how to modify an existing package without inputs using gnu-build-system;
then how to handle inputs; and so on.

Andreas