guix-devel

Brainstorming features for issues.guix.gnu.org

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Brainstorming features for issues.guix.gnu.org
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2020 09:49:12 +0100

Hello Guix!

I want issues.guix.gnu.org to become more useful for all of us.  It’s
easy to get lost in a deluge of bug reports and patch submissions, so
our tools should allow us to stay afloat.

Do you use issues.guix.gnu.org?  If you aren’t: what workflow do you
have to review patch submissions?

If you do use it: what features do you think are missing?

Personally, I’d wish for a more streamlined workflow to download and
apply patch sets.  I don’t want to click on each “download” link in the
web interface.  Instead I would like to run something like

    ./etc/review 12345

which would fetch the patches in issue 12345 and apply them to my
git worktree.

I would also like to see neglected issues in the web interface, i.e. a
list of open issues that haven’t seen any response in a while and that
haven’t been tagged as awaiting more information from the submitter.
This should make it easier for us to prevent patches from slipping into
obscurity, which is a terrible thing to happen especially for new
contributors.

What do you think?

--
Ricardo