guix-devel

Redox OS?

From: bijan ghavami-kia
Subject: Redox OS?
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2020 20:18:58 +0000

I am very interested in guix and am happy to see the hurd being ported as well as all the wonderful developments recently with guile 3 and bootstrapping,
so I hope it's not sacrilige to ask whether anyone has looked at this new rust based microkernal https://www.redox-os.org/ https://gitlab.redox-os.org/redox-os that is under development,
and whether it could be ported to the guix system also?
there is already an effort of some degree to port to nix https://gitlab.redox-os.org/redox-os/redox-nix, (so why not guix??)
it seems like a promising system and although it may be too underdeveloped to yet be usable, (could it it may be interesting for the development of the hurd in some way),
as well as potentially a viable alternative in the future (see videos from the developer, who works at system76 and ARM representative. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpazyDkuqLw&t=2119s https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4VlHzyKZeE&t=2547s.
It has a package manager under development as well which might be worth a look, for interest if nothing else, also https://www.redox-os.org/news/pkgar-introduction/ https://gitlab.redox-os.org/redox-os/pkgar.
Finally, if nothing else would components, such as the shell https://gitlab.redox-os.org/redox-os/ion, or file system https://gitlab.redox-os.org/redox-os/tfs be possible to port for use?
Excuse my ignorance if this is out of place, I'm a non-programmer enthusiast😋