guix-devel

Re: Update MATE to 1.24

From: sirgazil
Subject: Re: Update MATE to 1.24
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2020 15:42:25 -0500

 ---- On Mon, 30 Mar 2020 14:43:58 -0500 Jonathan Brielmaier <address@hidden>
wrote ----
 > On 25.03.20 22:58, sirgazil wrote:
 > > Other problems I noticed in 1.22 were:
 > >
 > > * Overlapping icons in panel applets.
 > I added some applets to the panel. Their icons doesn't overlap. At least
 > not to my eyes :)

Great :)

 > > * Not possible to add/remove workspaces.
 > You mean the workspace switcher in the applet panel? Or do you mean that
 > one cannot reduce/increase the number of shown workspaces (default: 4)?
 > This also doesn't work at 1.24.

When I right-clicked the worskpaces switcher, and selected preferences, I saw
this:

https://multimedialib.files.wordpress.com/2020/03/mate-1.22-disabled-workspaces-spin-box-2020-03-23.png

The +/- buttons to add/remove workspaces don't work and you can even see that
the number field (which shows 4 by default) is disabled. So you are not able to
modify the number of workspaces, which is a bug, because MATE documentation
says you can.