guix-devel

Re: gnu: imagemagick/fixed: Redirect old sonames to new sonames.

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: gnu: imagemagick/fixed: Redirect old sonames to new sonames.
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2021 14:08:01 +0100

Hi Mark,

On Thu, 18 Mar 2021 at 08:51, Mark H Weaver <mhw@netris.org> wrote:

> This is really nasty.  Why is imagemagick grafted, anyway?  I think it
> can simply be updated without causing many rebuilds, no?

$ guix refresh -l imagemagick@6.9.11-48 | cut -f1 -d':'
Building the following 1269 packages would ensure 2404 dependent packages are
rebuilt

$ guix refresh -l imagemagick@6.9.12-2g | cut -f1 -d':'
Building the following 2 packages would ensure 2 dependent packages are rebuilt

$ guix refresh -l imagemagick | cut -f1 -d':'
Building the following 2 packages would ensure 2 dependent packages are rebuilt

I am not in the graft dancing but I suspect something wrong here.  I
have never checked but intuitively, I thought that graft has the
priority so “guix refresh -l imagemagick” should display all the
dependents.  Note it is the same story as zstd.

Cheers,
simon