guix-devel

Re: Unable to bootstrap Guix without substitutes

From: Timothy Sample
Subject: Re: Unable to bootstrap Guix without substitutes
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2022 20:39:13 -0500

Hi Greg,

Greg Hogan <code@greghogan.com> writes:

> When installing the Guix binary distribution (both the 1.3.0 release
> and most recent guix-binary on ci.guix.gnu.org) on a new system
> without enabling substitutes the guix pull or install commands fail
> when building bash-mesboot0.
>
> [...]
>
> The error from the log:

> checking whether #! works in shell scripts... [snip scary backtrace] yes

I can perform the build successfully using

    $ guix build --check \
        -e '(@@ (gnu packages commencement) bash-masboot0)'

That scary backtrace happens even for the successful build, so I’m
pretty sure it is not the issue.  (Note that the configure test succeeds
in the end with a “yes”.)

Is there anything else suspicious in the logs?

-- Tim