guix-devel

Missing dependency for emacs-magit

From: Zelphir Kaltstahl
Subject: Missing dependency for emacs-magit
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2022 23:51:27 +0000

Hi!

I noticed, that the emacs-magit package does not seem to work. When I install it via guix and load it via guix-init in my init.el file, I get the following error in my *Messages* buffer:

Unable to activate package ‘magit’.
Required package ‘git-commit-3.3.0’ is unavailable

I checked for `guix search emacs-git-commit`, but it does not yet exist on guix apparently. It does show up on `M-x list-pack RET` in Emacs though.

I am trying to make a clean reproducible Emacs setup using guix packages and perhaps leaving away any packages not on guix yet, but this seems like an oversight, since emacs-magit is already on guix.

I am currently on:

~~~~
$ guix describe --format=channels
(list (channel
        (name 'guix)
        (url "https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git")
        (branch "master")
        (commit
          "74afcc0f555699d9d6a040fded04a1a379c0b1de")
        (introduction
          (make-channel-introduction
            "9edb3f66fd807b096b48283debdcddccfea34bad"
            (openpgp-fingerprint
              "BBB0 2DDF 2CEA F6A8 0D1D  E643 A2A0 6DF2 A33A 54FA")))))
~~~~

Do I need to provide anything more, to make this a conclusive report?

Regards,
Zelphir

--
repositories: https://notabug.org/ZelphirKaltstahl