guix-devel

Re: Missing dependency for emacs-magit

From: Liliana Marie Prikler
Subject: Re: Missing dependency for emacs-magit
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2022 05:51:19 +0100

Am Freitag, dem 18.02.2022 um 01:10 +0000 schrieb Zelphir Kaltstahl:
> [...]
>
> Since there was some verification thing with the `guix gc --
> verify=contents` command, I will run `guix gc`, delete the whole guix
> profile, recreate the profile, and then check again.
>
> ~~~~
> $ guix gc
> $ rm -rf ~/.guix-extra-profiles/emacs-test-profile
> $ guix package --manifest="${GUIX_EXTRA_PROFILES}"/emacs-profile-
> manifest.scm --profile="${GUIX_EXTRA_PROFILES}"/emacs-profile
> $ /bin/bash /home/user/emacs.sh
> $ guix package --list-profiles
> /home/user/.guix-extra-profiles/emacs-profile
> /home/user/.config/guix/current
> /home/user/.guix-profile
> ~~~~
>
> (Note, that I have removed the "-test" part of the name. At some
> point I hope for this all to work and then I don't want the "-test"
> thing to still remain.)
> The script contains:
>
> ~~~~
> #!/usr/bin/env bash
>
> set -Eeuxo pipefail
>
> # source the environment
> GUIX_PROFILE="${GUIX_EXTRA_PROFILES}/emacs-profile"
> . "${GUIX_PROFILE}/etc/profile"
>
> # run emacs
> env XMODIFIERS='' emacs
> ~~~~
>
> Anything else I can try?
Note that --verify=contents only prints out the warnings that something
is wrong, but does not fix them.  Since repairing the store is
potentially dangerous, you need to --verify=contents,repair as
superuser.  I'm not sure if your sequence of commands actually led to
garbage-collection of the damaged magit.

Cheers