guix-devel

Re: seatd-service-type

From: Declan Qian
Subject: Re: seatd-service-type
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2022 13:39:05 +0800

Josua Stingelin <josuast@hotmail.com> writes:

> On Mon, Feb 14, 2022 at 05:08:14PM +0800, Declan wrote:
>>
>> I am running patch-set from that link on my machine and it's working
>> without any modifications. I'd like to see it got merged.
>>
>> FYI, I just switch to Guix recently. Also I am not very familar this
>> email workflow yet.
>>
>> > There already exists a patch-set to add seatd and greetd to Guix [1],
>> > maybe you could try testing the patch-set and see if it works for you?
>> >
>> > [1] https://issues.guix.gnu.org/49969
>> >
>> > Best,
>
> Somehow I missed the mail above. Must have deleted it accidentally. I'm
> willing
> to test the patches.
>
> Is there a way to download the entire patch set at once or will I have to
> download them one-by-one?
>
> Thanks,

Hmm... I am reading guix.patches from news.gmane.io using Gnus.
Patch-set can be easily downloaded by selecting them and then invoked
gnus keybinding O m. Gnus can save them all in one file if you choose
the same filename while saving. For https://issues.guix.gnu.org/49969. I
downloaded the latest v8 [1/7 -- 7/7] (https://i.imgur.com/TSRZOtx.png)

Currently I pushed the those applied changes to this url
https://gitlab.com/declanqian/guix/-/commits/test_greetd/
so it can be easily rebased on master later.

Here is my unpolished Guix system config running seatd/greetd
https://gist.github.com/declanqian/79873926d3db23230b11cd9997a8c6f8

However, I didn't see the error from here
https://issues.guix.gnu.org/49969#89. Quite the contrary, `./bootstrap
./configure ./make` worked just fine on my machine. No idea whether I
did something wrong.

I am using `guix shell -D guix --pure` from guix info manul.
Also build greetd using `./pre-inst-env guix build greetd` to be sure.
Here's the output:
 /gnu/store/fdjk9mmif1038g9qjxachfmdmhs8p0rr-greetd-0.8.0

Let me know if you want further information.

--
~/path2signature