guix-devel

seatd-service-type

From: Josua Stingelin
Subject: seatd-service-type
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2022 12:59:10 +0100

Hi Guix,

I'm running a wayland based system and use the sway window manager.
Sway supports the seat daemon (seatd) as an alternative to elogind.

Are you interested in a patch to provide the seatd as a service?

If yes please give me feedback about what needs to change in the following
definitions to be accepted upstream. I suppose a git-patch per mail would be
the way to contribute?

  (define seatd-shepherd-service
    (match-lambda
      ('()
       (list (shepherd-service
               (provision '(seatd))
               (documentation "Run the seat deamon (seatd)")
               (requirement '(user-processes))
               (start #~(make-forkexec-constructor
                          (list #$(file-append seatd "/bin/seatd")
                                "-g" "users")))
               (stop #~(make-kill-destructor)))))))
  (define seatd-service-type
    (service-type
      (name 'seatd)
      (extensions
        (list (service-extension shepherd-root-service-type
                                 seatd-shepherd-service)))
      (default-value '())
      (description "Run the seat daemon (seatd))")))

Kind Regards,
Josua a.k.a Joshua/Josh