guix-devel

Re: ๐ŸŒŽ๏ธ Install every Guix package ๐ŸŒŽ๏ธ

From: kiasoc5
Subject: Re: ๐ŸŒŽ๏ธ Install every Guix package ๐ŸŒŽ๏ธ
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2023 00:39:40 -0500

On 1/3/23 21:33, jgart wrote:
Hi Guixers,

How would you approach writing a script that installs every Guix package
exhaustively for your current revision?

I'm thinking of something similar to `all-packages` on PyPi but for every Guix
package (the whole wide ๐ŸŒŽ๏ธ).

https://pypi.org/project/all-packages/

Perhaps you are inspired by this?

https://a.exozy.me/posts/installing-every-arch-package/

I'd run the list of all packages by guix size before attempting such shenanigans (untested):

```
$ guix package -A | cut -f 1 | sort -u | xargs guix size
```

Surely if there are outstanding questions that could be answered by installing all packages, they could be answered in another way?