guix-devel

IDEA: Give Our Generations a Name

From: jgart
Subject: IDEA: Give Our Generations a Name
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2023 23:40:25 +0000

Hi Guixers,

What do you think if we would be able to give past generations a name?

I'm thinking of the way you can do the following with git:

git stash -m "My description of this important stash."

I think this would help differentiate slight differences that would be hard to
tell what the state of that generation was by just looking at the differences
of profile package content.

to bloat? or not to bloat? that is the question