guix-devel

Re: Should Guix support writing CLI Common Lisp scripts? (Think Roswell)

From: Attila Lendvai
Subject: Re: Should Guix support writing CLI Common Lisp scripts? (Think Roswell)
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2023 10:07:10 +0000

i have this, which uses guix when available, but works without it, too:

the entire file:

https://hub.darcs.net/hu.dwim/hu.dwim.environment/browse/bin/build-development-image.sh

it builds an executable SBCL image with every dependency of our project loaded.
we start it as an inferior for Slime.

the essence:

#!/usr/bin/env bash
#| -*- mode: lisp; coding: utf-8-unix -*-

SCRIPT_DIR=`dirname "$0"`
SCRIPT_DIR=`readlink -f ${SCRIPT_DIR}`

if command -v guix &> /dev/null; then
  echo "Guix detected, entering the environment."
  eval $(guix shell --search-paths libffi openssl sdl2 sdl2-gfx sdl2-image
sdl2-ttf bluez sqlite graphviz libfixposix pkg-config clang-toolchain
--development sbcl)
  # this is needed for SBCL to find some of the .so files
  export
LD_LIBRARY_PATH="${LD_LIBRARY_PATH:+${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}:}${LIBRARY_PATH}"
  echo "Setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH based on LIBRARY_PATH to ${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}"
fi

# NOTE: using --script would also imply --no-userinit (i.e. quicklisp wouldn't
get loaded from .sbclrc), so we use a different trick here to skip the first
line of this shell script file when reading it as a lisp file.
exec ${LISP} --noinform --end-runtime-options \
  --eval "(require :asdf)" --eval "(asdf:load-system :asdf)" \
  --eval "(with-open-file (s \"${0}\" :element-type 'character) (read-line s)
(load s))" \
  --end-toplevel-options 2>&1 | tee ${BUILD_LOG_FILE}

# let's quit the shell part before the shell interpreter runs on the lisp stuff
below
kill -INT $$

# and from here follows the lisp part that gets "called" above |#

(in-package :cl-user)

[...]

--
• attila lendvai