guix-devel

Re: Proposed changes to the commit policy

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Proposed changes to the commit policy
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2023 22:40:42 +0100

Hi!

My 2¢ on this…  As a committer & reviewer, I love that I can just go to
<https://qa.guix.gnu.org/patches>, pick one of the patch series with a
green tick, and have the assurance that the resource-intensive work is
already done.  That makes a big difference!

As someone who submits patches, I realize the delay can be off-putting.
For the hwloc upgrade I recently submitted, I got valuable feedback
pointing at actual issues, but that was about a week later.  Then I had
to switch contexts again to adjust the patch accordingly.

I guess that, to a large extent, that’s scheduling and resource issue.

Happy to discuss that in the coming days in Brussels!

Ludo’.