[Savannah-hackers] Re: mail aliases on savannah.gnu.org

From: Jeff Bailey
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: mail aliases on savannah.gnu.org
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 14:56:44 -0800

On Sun, Feb 18, 2001 at 05:45:10PM -0500, Joel N. Weber II wrote:

>    The problem is that the emails come from @gnu.org.  This needs be changed
>    to @savannah.gnu.org for this theory to work.
>
> It might also be necesssary to change DNS.
>
> Is it the case that we know that @gnu.org and @savannah.gnu.org need
> to be seprate?

Not 100% certain, but it could further complicate our lives if we don't
seperate them.  That would mean anytime someone wanted to create an
alias, they would have to check:

Kerberos
/etc/passwd on savannah
/com/mailer/aliases on fencepost
savannah-aliases (Presumably an include file)

I'm not comfortable with the fact that we don't have an authoritative
database of usernames right now, and this integrating this adds further
complexity.

--
Talk is a trick for taking the mystery out of the world.
 - Seeker, Beyond the fall of night.