Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Forward: Mail delivery failed: returning mess

From: Guillaume Morin
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Forward: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 16:26:22 +0100

Dans un message du 24 fév à 18:02, Jeff Bailey écrivait :
> I haven't been following this problem lately.  It used to be (under
> subversions) that it sent the message out as address@hidden, which was not
> a legit userid.  If emails are failing when coming out as
> address@hidden, I suspect that you have a different problem.

No, mail is coming out as address@hidden Fencepost is the MX
entry for subversions.gnu.org. Fencepost considers that domain as a
local domain thanks to the *.gnu.org entry in /etc/local_main_domains.
That is why it fails. A quick fix would be to set qualify_domain to
savannah.gnu.org on subversions, but I am afraid it could break things.
Another better fix would be to patch log_accum to set the From field in
the message.

Guillaume Morin <address@hidden>

  If you want the answers, you better get ready for the fire (Syst. of a Down)