Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Forward: Mail delivery failed: returning mess

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Forward: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 02:43:22 +0100 (CET)

Jeff Bailey writes:
 > On Sun, Feb 25, 2001 at 01:02:23AM +0100, Loic Dachary wrote:
 >
 > >  Less complicated would be to set the From: of the outgoing mail with
 > > the real mail adress of the user as extracted from either the
 > > sourceforge database or the /etc/aliases file. What I don't know is if
 > > fencepost will accept forged From: from subversions. Is it possible to
 > > configure exim on fencepost to accept forged From: but only when they
 > > come from subversions ? Is it acceptable from a security point of view ?
 >
 > If you're going to do that, why not send messages directly out from
 > subversions?

 The problem happens when subversions sends a mail to a mailman list
from a user that is known to subversions but not to fencepost. Please
forgive my ignorance on the subject, I have no clue about what's really
happening on the fencepost side. All I know is that the mail sent from
subversions is From: address@hidden and that whenever user is not
known by fencepost the mail gets rejected.

      Cheers,