[Savannah-hackers] Re: A download area added for your Savannah project

From: Jakob 'sparky' Kaivo
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: A download area added for your Savannah project
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 22:40:57 -0700

On Mon, Jul 23, 2001 at 12:15:37AM +0200, Loic Dachary wrote:

>       Each member of the project can upload files using ssh, or even
> better, rsync over ssh. Here is the sample command I use for the uri
> project:
>
>       cd my-laptop-tarbal-collection-directory
>       rsync --delete -av --rsh=ssh . freesoftware.fsf.org:/upload/uri

>       Please send mail to address@hidden if you're in trouble.
> You should first check that you are able to read/write the CVS repository,
> as instructed in the CVS page for your Savannah project. Since CVS access
> also uses ssh, once you get it working the upload will also work.

This is not working for at least minorfish, atdot, and gdbc (three I tried).
My CVS access works beautifully, but for rsync I get:

address@hidden:/var/ftp/minorfish$ rsync --delete -av --rsh=ssh .
freesoftware.fsf.org:/upload/minorfish
You tried to execute: `/usr/local/bin/cvssh -c rsync --server -vlogDtpr
--delete . /upload/minorfish'.
Sorry, you are only allowed to execute cvs, rsync from /cvsroot or rsync on
/ftp.
unexpected EOF in read_timeout

Not a pressing concern, as I have other FTP space, but I thought I would give
a heads up.

-- sparky