Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Task 197 of Savannah

From: Jaime E . Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Task 197 of Savannah
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 15:10:10 +0100

On Fri, Jul 27, 2001 at 10:09:02AM +0200, Loic Dachary wrote:
> =?iso-8859-1?Q?Miguel_Gon=E7alves?= writes:
>  > I was thinking about task 197 (add non-gnu, non-mailman mailing lists to
> the mail page of each project). To do that I think the best way is to build
> the following table in the MySQL database:
>  >
>       Great. Note that although task 197 was not updated (blame
> address@hidden ;-) It was implemented two or three weeks ago. However,
> there still are serious issues and we need your help. Please check the
> latest thread in the address@hidden mailing list to understand
> what is going on.

Hi,
Miguel is aware of the recent problems with mailman+exim for
freesoftware.fsf.org lists, since he dropped by my office while I was trying
to solve the problem and we had some conversations on the subject.

What he is referring to is a separate issue; some project administrators have
requested that in the "Lists" page for their project in Savannah they were
allowed to include other lists related to the project, which are not hosted in
gnu.org machines. For instance someone who registers a new project in Savannah
may already have a list already running somewhere else that he might want to
keep there and have it mentioned in their project's lists page.

To do that, we thought we could add a new SQL table to hold the
information for those alien lists related to a project. I told Miguel that
before adding any new tables to the database he should check with you.

Cheers,
Jaime