[Savannah-hackers] Re: More about FSF-LA

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: More about FSF-LA
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 23:33:26 -0600 (MDT)

    Before, you had spoken to me to create another kind of organization, like
    APRIL. Now, I am considering that option....

    But I want to start the work in the same way; with a Core Group working in
    silence and waiting for the right moment to announce our idea.

That sounds reasonable.  You always want to do some planning
and write some things before you make a public announcement.

    I ask again, can I use savannah to this project?

Yes, certainly.

I would like to raise a question: do you want to cover all of Latin
America, or just the Spanish-speaking part and leave Brazilians to
form their own organization?  There are good and bad aspects to both
choices.  Everything will be a lot easier if you only have to handle
Spanish.  On the other hand, there are many enthusiastic free software
people in Brazil.