[Savannah-hackers] Re: lsh crash

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: lsh crash
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 14:25:33 +0200

 > Please try this patch. Or if you have the time, it would be even
 > better if you could do as follows: First try connecting with "2.0.13
 > (non-commercial)", and see if that crashes lshd. Install the patch,
 > try again, and see if (i) lshd survives, and (ii) whether the
 > connection is successful.
 >
 > I don't have any old SSH versions around, but perhaps I should.

        The patch was applied, lsh re-installed and respawned. The patch
is now documented in savannah.gnu.org/savannah.html with the others.

        Even if I had enough fuel to test this the way you suggest, I
could not do it because it involves installing non free software. I'll
scan syslog to find out if the problem was solved.

        Thanks for this quick fix,