[Savannah-help-public] CVS Slow on LAN, Fast on Internet ? Why?

From: Aydın Toprak
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] CVS Slow on LAN, Fast on Internet ? Why?
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 13:53:28 +0300

Hii,

First of all I dont know that I am posting this subject to right mailing list,
if not, I am sorry,

I have had big problem with CVS for a long time,
In my office, where cvs server located, my desktop commits, updates and do other operations related with cvs are to slow... as far as I understood authentication takes to much time. However when I go to home, and connect same cvs server, everything runs smooth ... my home computer is XP and also Office Computer is XP, CVS runs on Suse 10, and version is 1.12.13, I use pserver connection method for both windows clients... It is strange situation, I check some issues about cables or interface but when I connect from home, everything works fine... We have just one switch in the office, so the LAN is simple and plain ...
what do you think ?