Re: [Savannah-help-public] Dual Licensing Accepted on Savannah project?

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-help-public] Dual Licensing Accepted on Savannah project?
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 19:29:50 +0200

On Thu, Jul 20, 2006 at 02:57:29PM +0200, Eric Noulard wrote:
> I have a question, is dual licensing like GPL/BSD.
>
> Is it accepted for projects hosted on Savannah to have dual licensing
> policy?
>
> The dual licensing objectives would be to ease industrial use without
> compromising "true" open source usage.

Hi,

Yes, dual licensing is accepted at Savannah.

Since the modified (3-clauses) BSD license is compatible with the GNU
GPL, you need not, strictly speaking, dual license your
project. Still, dual-licensing GPL+BSD shows your commitment to have
your project as a whole (with dependencies) compatible with the GNU
GPL, which sounds good.

Sylvain