Re: [Savannah-help-public] would you host this kind of project?

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-help-public] would you host this kind of project?
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 12:49:42 +0200

On Mon, Jul 24, 2006 at 12:04:00PM -0400, andrei raevsky wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am thinking about staring a Debian advocacy page.  There would be no
> code and no software development of any kind involved.  The website
> would have two goals:
>
> 1) a collection of essays aimed at guiding a newcomer through his/her
> first steps with Debian GNU/Linux.
>
> 2) the other goal of this website would be to explain the Debian
> Project, Debian community, DFSG, constitution, organization,
> specificity, etc.
>
> It would need to have its own domain name.
>
> Do you think that Savannah could host such a project,
>
> Kind regards,

Hi,

Yes, your project looks like it belongs to one of those categories:

"Free Documentation Projects
  Documentation for Free Software programs, released under a Free
  Documentation License.

Free Educational Textbook Projects
  Projects aimed to create educational textbooks, released under
  a Free Documentation License."

(http://savannah.gnu.org/register/)

> It would need to have its own domain name.

Currently our projects webpages can be accessed via
www.nongnu.org/projectname/
and
projectname.nongnu.org

Maybe we can have our server accept requests for an external domain
name but that needs to be discussed :)

--
Sylvain