Re: [Savannah-help-public] [sr #105578] request to delete iiwusynth deve

From: Sebastian Wieseler
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 21:01:59 -0400

Hey Sylvain.

On Sun, Sep 24, 2006 at 12:51:46PM +0200, Sylvain Beucler wrote:
> Hey Sebastian,
>
> Usually I prefer to disable the list rather than removing it.

Why that? We removed them all the time?

> Btw, archives are still there (not managed by mailman):
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/iiwusynth-devel/

> In general we keep public archives unless there's a good reason not
> to.

That's why I didn't removed them also. Sure.

> By disabling the list we explicitely say that archives should be kept
> (ie they are meant to be kept, we did not just forgot to remove them).

I did'nt forget them. I had a look at them and saw that we should keep them.:-)

Only the "manged by mailman" point seems to my new. By since a project
was moved/removed/inactive I think it's not needed to keep it mailman managed.

Don't know exactly. Sorry if I've done something wrong.:-)

Sebastian
--
 ((_/)o o(\_))          \ /    ASCII Ribbon Campaign