[Savannah-help-public] [sr #105627] Cannot enter public SSH key on accou

From: Eric Zoerner
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] [sr #105627] Cannot enter public SSH key on account page
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 02:19:34 +0000

             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email: address@hidden
        Operating System: Mac OS
             Open/Closed: Open

Details:

I set up an SSH key. I followed the directions in the FAQ.  However, my key
was too long to put into the web page for my account on the Savannah site, so
I don't know what to do about that at this point.  There is a related question
in the FAQ:

My key has several lines, how do I enter it?

Note that we only support free implementations of SSH, such as
http://www.openssh.org. If you public key is several-lines-long, and begins
with ---- BEGIN SSH2 PUBLIC KEY ----, then you are using a proprietary
version that we do not support.

However, the implementation of ssh I have on my OS X machine is, in fact,
OpenSSH.
Typing "ssh -v" gives me:

OpenSSH_4.2p1, OpenSSL 0.9.7i 14 Oct 2005

The public key that was generated is just one line long and it does look like
the example on the web page, but the one line is *too long* to fit in your
text box. It gets prematurely cut off.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?105627>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/