[savannah-help-public] [sr #109326] How do I add further commits to texi

From: Gavin D. Smith
Subject: [savannah-help-public] [sr #109326] How do I add further commits to texinfo git repository
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2017 15:02:11 -0400 (EDT)

             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
        Operating System: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

I want to enable a git repository for the texinfo project for use during a
Google Summer of Code project.  I enabled the git repository, checked it out
and tried adding a note to the README file explaining why this git repository
existed.  However, I can't push this commit back.  From the output of "git
push":

Counting objects: 5, done.
Compressing objects: 100% (3/3), done.
Writing objects: 100% (3/3), 598 bytes | 0 bytes/s, done.
Total 3 (delta 2), reused 0 (delta 0)
remote: only cvs2git may push (you are gavin)
remote: error: hook declined to update refs/heads/master
To address@hidden:/srv/git/texinfo.git
 ! [remote rejected] master -> master (hook declined)
error: failed to push some refs to
'address@hidden:/srv/git/texinfo.git'

How do I set it up so that users other than "cvs2git" can commit? I tried
following the instructions in http://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/UsingGit/ to
create a brand-new repository, but the existing git repository blocks me from
uploading it. From the output of "git push --all
address@hidden:/srv/git/texinfo.git":

To address@hidden:/srv/git/texinfo.git
 ! [rejected]        master -> master (fetch first)
error: failed to push some refs to
'address@hidden:/srv/git/texinfo.git'
hint: Updates were rejected because the remote contains work that you do
hint: not have locally. This is usually caused by another repository pushing
hint: to the same ref. You may want to first integrate the remote changes
hint: (e.g., 'git pull ...') before pushing again.
hint: See the 'Note about fast-forwards' in 'git push --help' for details.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?109326>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/