[sr #110578] Didn't receive verification email

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: [sr #110578] Didn't receive verification email
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2021 13:07:07 -0500 (EST)

Update of sr #110578 (project administration):

             Assigned to:                    None => rwp

Follow-up Comment #2:

Hello qhong.  Your ticket here is using a different address than the one that
I deduce you tried to use to create your account.  The other address, which I
avoid saying because people often don't like having their email on web pages
and then ask that they be removed, so I am avoiding mentioning it, ended with
a ".comQH" which is not a valid top level domain.  That was almost certainly
an error entering the email address.  That is why you could not receive a
reply.  Normally this would time out after three days and you would be allowed
to register the account again with a valid email address.

I repaired that address by removing the extra QH letters.  I activated the
account manually.  Your account is now active.  For all accounts we strongly
recommend uploading a GPG key and an SSH key as those will allow for easy
account recovery should the registered email become unavailable.

Also note that as an anti-spam measure, spammers register literally thousands
of accounts, we now expire idle accounts.  Idle accounts are those as
described here.

https://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/IdleAccounts/

Hello GregD / jgd.  I see no account jgd.  If you wished you could register
that account name.

Regarding your recent account registration as GregD: Google's Gmail accepted
the mail.  Here are the logs.  With your email redacted.  Google accepted the
message.  Not our problem!  The problem is at your email service provider
Gmail that accepted the message but did not deliver it to your inbox.

    Dec 10 18:39:45 frontend1 postfix/smtp[8857]: 8B60620B2C:
to=<[[redacted]]>, relay=gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[142.251.4.27]:25,
delay=1.7, delays=0.04/0.01/1.3/0.35, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 2.0.0 OK
1639179585 b4si5931535vsf.732 - gsmtp)

Since you are the user experiencing the problem please make a report to Google
that email accepted by Google to you was lost internal their system.  Please
un-redact your email address from the above when you do it.

Regardless I have also activated your account.  Your account is now active.
Let me again strongly recommend uploading a GPG key and an SSH key as those
will allow for easy account recovery should the registered email become
unavailable.  Also the same note about using the account for something to make
it not idle.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/?110578>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/