Re: Please make a repo for the GNU C Manual

From: Ineiev
Subject: Re: Please make a repo for the GNU C Manual
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2022 06:29:43 +0000

On Tue, Aug 30, 2022 at 12:11:56AM -0400, Richard Stallman wrote:

>   > then publish your
>   > branch with git push, using the appropriate options if you choose to
>   > use a branch name different from "master".
>
> Can someone please tell me how to do that?
> I know how to use `git push' with no arguments; that's all.
>
> Do I have to specify the root branch name in git commit,
> or only in git push?

If you don't specify it, git will use defaults:

$ git clone ineiev@git.savannah.gnu.org:/srv/git/c-intro-and-ref.git
Cloning into 'c-intro-and-ref'...
warning: You appear to have cloned an empty repository.
$ cd c-intro-and-ref/
$ touch test
$ git add test
$ git commit -m'initially add' test
[master (root-commit) 65490b1] initially add
 create mode 100644 test
$ git branch
* master